Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time for tons of fun-filled activities for the entire family to enjoy. Whether you just moved to the Austin area, or are a born and raised Austinite, there are plenty of events to get you into a spooky spirit. Looking for the next family outing that will win you the parent of the year award without compromising your own enjoyment? Read on for a comprehensive guide on what’s happening in ATX this Halloween. From ranging from haunted houses to the Day of the Dead Festival, we’ve got you covered.
Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms
Pioneer Farms hosts a variety of different activities, with prices and dates listed on its events page. This venue is a great place to find something interesting for everyone in the family. Take your pick from the following:
- Jack O’Lantern Carving Class. This is the perfect place to let your kids get creative, without having to clean up the mess yourself.
- When: Sunday, October 23, and Monday, October 31 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Price: $40 per ticket
- Austin Ghost Tours. What’s Halloween without a little scare? Although there are some pretty grueling options in Austin, this tour is more suitable for children. The last thing you want is to give your kids nightmares for the rest of the year!
- When: Every Saturday in October (8, 15, 22, 29) at 7 p.m. and the following two Wednesdays in November (9, 16) at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the tour starts at 7 p.m., sharp.
- Price: $45 per ticket
- Austin Zombie Ball. Get your boo-gie on at this family-friendly dance party! The event allows children ages 10 and up to join the fun. You’d also be supporting a good cause – every ticket helps to keep Pioneer Farms alive and kicking!
- When: Saturday, October 22 from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Price: $20 per ticket
- Haunted Trail Event. This event is great for all ages. There are three separate 0.75-mile trails filled with spooky lanterns, Halloween decorations, storytellers, haunted houses, and more.
- When: October 18, 19, 25, 26, 27, and 31 from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Price: $15 for early bird admission
All events will take place at Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms, located at 10621 Pioneer Farms Dr, Austin, TX 78754, United States.
Planet K Fireworks
One of the most spectacular fireworks displays in Texas, this event is not to be missed! Additionally, Planet K Fireworks features face painting, art exhibits, community/charity booths, food trucks, many kid activities, and more. Grab your tickets today before they sell out.
- When: Monday, October 31 at 9:30 p.m.
- Price: FREE
- Where: Krieg Field, 517 S Pleasant Valley Rd, Austin, TX 78741, United States
BARKtacular HOWLoween Dog Festival
This one is for dog lovers who want to bring their beloved pet for a day of fun. This event welcomes all friendly, leashed dogs for a day of trick-or-treating, costume contests, vendors, and more!
- When: Saturday, October 22 from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Price: $5 per ticket
- Where: Dog Depot Dog Park, 800 Deerfoot Dr, Round Rock, TX 78664, United States
Boo at the Zoo
Get your Halloween costumes and show them off with the entire family at Boo at the Zoo. Enjoy a day of interacting with zoo animals, visiting the haunted house, and hopping on a haunted train ride (must reserve tickets). Hurry, they are almost sold out of train rides!
- When: October 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, and 29 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Price: $19.95 per ticket
- Where: Austin Zoo, 10808 Rawhide Tr., Austin, TX 78736
Spooktacular at Bullock Museum
The annual Spooktacular at the Bullock Museum event is FREE and features games, interactive activities, art, performances, and more.
- When: Tuesday, October 25 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Price: FREE
- Where: Bullock Museum, 1800 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701, United States
This year, trick-or-treat yourself to an event that will create everlasting memories that your kids will be talking about for years to come. With so many activities happening here, it’s no wonder that Austin is deemed one of the top 25 cities to live in for 2022. If you’re planning a move to the ATX area, give us a shout at Capital Movers Texas, and we’ll take care of your moving needs.