A Relatable List When Moving
Many parents can understand there’s a struggle when moving with kids. You need to accomplish just about anything while on a deadline or strict schedule. Getting kids out the door in the morning easily becomes an everyday struggle, let alone moving everything you own into a new place. Parents who have experienced it first-hand will relate to these struggles of moving with kids. Parents who are gearing up to move with kids and have landed here while searching for advice on moving with kids, these might help you prepare (and laugh between the crying) for the bumpy road ahead.
1. They refuse to let go of something they haven’t touched in years
2. When they ask about that toy you secretly gave away
3. When they unpack a box you just finished packing
4. When they pop all the bubble wrap before you can use it
5. When they act like they can’t lift anything (even just pillows) to help pack
6. They say they’re bored or tired, even though you’re doing all the work
8. When they ask for a snack every ten minutes
9. The fear you experience when you think they’ve been packed in the moving truck
10. When they keep telling you they don’t want to move
For parents, moving with kids can transform from a real struggle to a never-ending nightmare if you approach it unprepared. The best way to approach the daunting moving process is to plan ahead. This includes talking with your kids in advance about moving. Tackle some of the bigger tasks when the kids are asleep or not at home. For a seamless, worry-free move, contact Capital Movers for all your packing and moving needs!